Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cub Scouts, Boating, and Time alone for the parents!

Just a quick update, Logan started Cub Scouts this year and I couldn't tell you much about it since he and Mitch are doing that. I know he is having fun. The award ceremony for his pack was just a few weeks ago and here is what he looks like in his uniform:
Doesn't he look so grown up. I won't say what we paid for the hat and bandanna and that was the only time he wore it. Thankfully it is worth it and hopefully they won't change the style before Jacob enters Cub Scouts. The shirt he keeps through his cub scout days. He added about 4 belt loops that night (the equivalent of girl scout badges I learned) and he got his tiger cub patch. He is now officially a Wolf Cub (which means his hat and bandanna are yellow).

Logan also went to cub scout camp for a week (just during the day) and he had a blast (and got absolutely filthy) there.


On Father's Day we went to church then joined Mitch's Dad and Kathryn out on the boat for part of the afternoon. We all had a really good time especially the boys. Here's some pics from that afternoon:

I think this one is pretty cool, with the Beaufort Bridge and the big boat in the background.




No more sunscreen Mommy!




And finally for those of you in Mount Airy you got to see our children for a weekend, while we the parents relaxed at home. I talked to my cousin Kathy one night and told her that we had gone grocery shopping. Yes we were that excited about grocery shopping, because it didn't include: "Mom, I want that" etc. I saw things I had never seen before since I typically run in after specific things and run out! We also did other things, we went out to eat, we stayed out until 11:00 one night (trust me it's late for us) and we went and looked around Mitch's hunting club and I packed a full picnic and surprised him with it. It was wonderful. We had a good time, the boys had a good time. We missed them, I'm not sure they missed us (in fact Jacob's first words were "we go back and see aunt judy, uncle george?") Great fun!




Have a great one everyone!

No comments: