June 6th was the last day of 1st grade for Logan. He's done wonderful this year. He's matured some, he did great on all his report cards and he's reading (and spelling) on a 3rd grade level. He's still Logan and loves to play his playstation and play with his toys - he's really into Star Wars right now. It's kind of strange to see your child interested in movies that were out when you were young. But it's pretty cool. Here are some pics from his end-of-year celebration and from the last day of school.
First is the one of him getting his certificate from his teacher - Ms. Katherine (who was a wonderful teacher this year). The lady laughing is Ms. Lindsey and she is the Director (principal) and the other lady is Ms. Lisa the music and technology teacher - you can't see his wonderful aide Ms. Jan:
Here he is more welcome to posing with his certificate on our front porch:
Andhis last day of school picture:
Now for the blackmail pics. These will be fun to have when Jacob is in high school. I wasn't feeling particulary well one evening so when Mitch dressed Jacob after his bath he had him run to me and this is what I saw:
The tank top is mine, but he's proud of his "dress". Other than this example Jacob is all boy so that's why this was so amusing.
And here's a pic of Logan in pirate pajamas and acting like a pirate:
Now to the sad news. Our beloved cat Sebastian who has been with us since we got married (I got him as a kitten - he was born April 15, 1997) died May 31st (ironically the same day I got my official diagnosis of fibromyalgia - good day huh?). It has hit both of us pretty hard. He was our baby before we had our babies. He loved Logan loving on him and he put up with what Jacob did to him. At one point he weighed over 23 lbs. He's had surgery and been bit by something in the backyard. He's been in one of our lap for many a movie or tv show. He was well-loved. Logan took it really hard, but he thinks we'll get to see Sebastian again one day in heaven. I tend to believe that too. But until then it still hurts to lose a pet so dear to you. We loved you Sebastian. This is how I'll always remember him:
And so I don't end on this sad note - at least I won't have to worry about Jacob eating cat food for awhile (and yes he really did - that's what's in his mouth) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment