Okay so this is over a week after the event, but it's better late than never!
Last Tuesday we got snow here on the coast - everyone knows what a rare occurrence that is (and I hear those of you up in Mt. Airy didn't get any :( ).
I think all Jacob wanted to do was eat it:
Buckwheat wasn't sure about it:
The funny story that goes along with this is one of Logan's friends mom called that morning and wanted to get Logan. They live about 40 minutes away so we typically meet them halfway. I didn't want to leave because I knew it was supposed to really snow that afternoon (we got a dusting in the morning), but he wanted to go and Mitch said he would take him. So off they went. About 2:30 it started snowing, then at 3:30 we noticed the roads were starting to get slushy. We called and Mitch met them and picked Logan up early. The drive home usually takes 20 minutes - it took them over an hour to get home because of traffic and road conditions! I hear they later closed the high rise bridge too. But they got home safely:
So snowball fights and snow angels and playtime in the snow. I told the kids to enjoy it because I didn't know the next time they would see it again!
Honestly - I wanted it, I enjoyed it, but the next day I was glad when it started melting!
More later - Mitch took some great pics of scenery while he was out in the snow and of course I need to do Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment