Wednesday, August 17, 2005

August 13-17, 2005

This will be a short week this week as Mitch and I are heading out of town tomorrow (Friday) for a weekend away. The boys are staying with Gran and Papa.

On Saturday Logan went to Grandma Debbie's for the day and that was a blast for him. He finally let go of Grandma Debbie in the pool and using his water wings he "swam" from one side of the pool to the other which was a major accomplishment since he used to be terrified and would not let go of Grandma Debbie. He also played Play Station with Grandma Debbie and Mr. Don. I think they really wore him out because Mr. Don brought him inside asleep in the car seat. He told them before they left that night that he was too tired to walk to the car.

On Sunday Logan has finally decided he likes church again which is good. We let him get one of the children's bags they have which has stencils, paper, colored pencils, a small coloring book and the children's bulletins. He was very quiet during service today doing that.

>
On Sunday afternoon Logan got busy with blocks while I took a nap. When I got up he had build several of his Thomas trains "sheds" it was really cute. When I told him I needed to get a picture he said "Mom do I have to?" So I guess soon I will be sneaking pictures of him and he won't want to pose anymore.

I also found the boys playing together on Sunday afternoon. We had Jacob sitting up in the corner of the couch and Logan was sitting at his feet with his feet on Jacob's feet and they were both pressing their feet against each others. It was really cute and Jacob was grinning and laughing the whole time.

Pop and GG came by (great-grandparents on Mitch's dad's side of the family) on Sunday night and Logan spent his time explaining the various trains to Pop, who was very attentive to Logan. It was really cute to watch. Jacob was sitting in the corner of the couch as usual smiling and laughing at GG.

Logan's new favorite phrase is "that's not fair", I am actually getting really tired of hearing that one, but what can you do.

One of Jacob's teeth is coming in more, he's been a little fussy but not too bad. I tried to take him off of his colic medicine this week, but he's not ready for that yet. (click on the above picture and make it larger and if you look in the lower right of his mouth - you can see the tooth!)

I also had Jacob wear two different outfits with hats this week. He hasn't worn many hats because he had such a tiny head that the hats didn't fit. Finally the hats are fitting.


Jacob also tried out his walker for the first time this week. He really likes it. I think it just gives him a change of scenery. He moves some, backwards just like his brother. I am keeping it up at work with me and putting him in the johnny jump-up at home.

Mitch and I are off to Wilmington for the weekend and Gran and Papa are keeping the boys for us - fun weekend for everyone.

More pictures and stories next week but for now here are some other pics from the week:


No comments: