Thursday, August 11, 2005

August 6-12, 2005

On Sunday, we (Gran, Papa and me) took Logan outside to practice on his bike. He kept complaining even with his new bike that he couldn't go fast, so we knew he needed to practice. He finally got how to ride his bike and he got it quickly. Gran and I walked with him a few times and pretty soon he was flying on that bike. It was really cute to watch him ride the bike and once he understood riding it, he didn't want to quit. Gran and Papa both ran around the circle with him.


Jacob's teething pain has gotten a little better and he is pretty much back to normal this week with the help of pain reliever. He's been an angel at work again, smiling, letting others hold him and touch him and just being a good boy! Oh, here he's showing us he will be a true Carteret County boy - already eating crabs!



I took Logan for his first trip to the library this week. He was very excited about it and had a wonderful time there. He checked out 6 books (I had originally told him 2, but he kept finding more). He picked out 5 of the books and I got Beverly Cleary's The Mouse and the Motorcycle to read to him at nights in addition to the ones he picked out. I read most of Beverly Cleary's books when I was a kid so I cannot wait to share them with Logan. Logan also got to play some kids games on the computers at the library and he loved that and cannot wait to go back.

A conversation with Logan Thursday morning:

Once again he was talking about girls "busting" boys and I asked him what this meant. He told me that the boys run from the girls and when the girls catch the boys then they are busted. He immediately followed that with "One day an amazing thing will happen" Mitch and I just looked surprised and then he continued, "In a long time boys will start chasing the girls." He said this just the cutest. I told Mitch one of the teachers must have told him this and he said no that Andrew told him. So what I guess is that Andrew was talking to his parents one day about the girls chasing the boys and one of his parents told him this statement and he passed it on to Logan. It was just so cute to hear it coming out of Logan. One day - it is true dear son, you will be chasing the girls!

Logan is also very use to my picture taking. Last night (Thursday) he climbed up on my lap while I was holding Jacob and said "now we need to take a picture", "will you take a picture, mommy?" I had to tell him I couldn't since Daddy wasn't home, but it was still really cute how he knew it was a good picture taking moment.

Jacob is getting clever, he now knows how to get his pacifier back in his mouth if it is near his mouth. He will work his hands in his silky and lower his head and get it back in. It is so cute to watch. He is also trying his hardest to sit up. I will catch him in the bouncer or in the swing trying his hardest to lean forward. He really tries. He also knows how to get attention. At work he will grunt and make little noises and then when I look at him, he will smile the biggest - it is so adorable to see.

Mitch is finally done with his large side job (except for some small things) so I will no longer be a single mom at night - I can't wait to have him home again in the evenings - I honestly don't know how single moms do it!

Logan will start Preschool again in a little over 2 weeks - he will be in the K4 class the whole year this time and I expect he will quickly learn to read and his writing will get a lot better - he is a really smart boy and Ms. Cason at BCA is a wonderful teacher!

Jacob is still doing well with is eating - he has now eaten Peas, Butternut Squash, Carrots and Sweet Potatoes. I think Carrots and Sweet Potatoes are his favorites. I am going to do the veggies a few more weeks and then I will introduce fruits.

Here are some additional pictures for the week:




No comments: