Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Soccer!

So this spring Logan has decided to play soccer instead of baseball. I will now confess that I no nothing about soccer and we're almost done with the season and I still don't understand much - now I know the goal is to kick it into the other teams goal, but beyond that - I don't understand corner kick or how the ref is signalling. Give me football, baseball, basketball and racing - those I understand - soccer I do not. However Logan is having fun with practice and during the games. I confess the team isn't too good, but they play with their hearts most games and seem to be having fun so that is the most important thing. So on with it - here are some pictures from this season:

Ready to go before the game (I even had to learn how to do soccer socks)
Jacob wanted his picture done too:


An action shot:
Logan got to be goalie (and has been in every game since for at least one quarter):
I just caught this one in a picture - I was taking a picture of his first kick in as goalie (don't ask me what the name of that kick is) and right when he went to kick the ball both legs went out from underneath him - it was just a classic moment and so much like something I would do
But his next kick was good:
And sometimes being goalie is kind of lonely and boring:
And the boys' favorite part - the "good game" ending

No comments: