Another cute outfit on Jacob - this is the outfit Gran and Papa gave him for Christmas last year before he was even born - it fits perfect this Christmas!


Here's Logan with his flowers at church, we always do flowers for Logan's birthday.
It was also Jacob's first Sunday School in his Sunday School class (usually he goes in ours), he did well in there but didn't sleep, but I don't think Mr. Joe and Ms. Denise had much trouble with him. Until August, he is in the same class with Logan, but then in August Logan will move up.
What a big week this is! First we have Logan's fifth birthday party, which I have to admit that I was dreading. This was the first year we were inviting other children, and I wasn't sure how I would like that. Well I will tell you right now, I had the best time and I am ready to do it again next year.
We had the party at our church and invited all of Logan's class and several other friends that had moved on from BCA. Five children showed up and had a blast. Logan's girlfriend came to and that was cute. Of course all the family was invited and most of them came. I must admit I ran around doing stuff so much and playing with the kids that I really didn't get to visit with family. But from all the comments I have heard, it sounds like everyone had a good time. I know Logan had a great time and he racked up so many great presents that we don't even need to have Christmas. Before the party I had a talk with him about if he got something he already had that he was to thank whoever and not mention he had it already. Well everything he got was new to him and he was thrilled. The kids played a drop the clothespin into a milk jug game, bingo, and musical chairs which was a hit with everyone. I think I had the perfect group of kids to introduce me to a kids party, they were rambunctious but very well-behaved. Several of the mom's stayed and were a great help to me, one boy's mom helped with the presents, making sure he got one to open and then putting them up and she even set up the table with all the presents on it for me to take the picture of. So as you will see - the party was a complete success! Thanks to everyone who came, sent or brought Logan's gifts and just generally made it a meaningful day for Logan!














After the party we went back to Gran and Papa's for Logan to open his gift from them, and then we headed home.



Monday, Gran and I took cupcakes to Logan's school for him and his friends and then we took him out to lunch at "Zappos" (El Zarape), we enjoyed our lunch and we wanted them to sing to Logan, but they don't do that, but they did bring him some fried ice cream, which he does not eat, so Gran and I had to eat it instead. After that we went to WalMart to get Logan's pictures done, and we weren't sure how that would go since he is in the fake smile mood lately. But we got a great photographer and he did wonderful - lots of great smiles. We shopped a little while and then I went back to work. Gran took Logan to the park where he made a new friend and they played together for awhile, then they headed and picked up Jacob and met me back at Gran and Papa's when we briefly got to see Papa before heading on home to celebrate some more.






That night we gave Logan his birthday presents from us, Polar Express and the surprise from DAddy - a BB gun. Logan really was thrilled with both. After that we watched Polar Express and ate and then Logan blew out five candles on a cupcake. It was a really enjoyable day and I cannot believe that Logan is five now. In some ways it isn't so surprising because he seems so much older at times and at other times, I can't believe 5 years have gone by since that baby was placed in my arms. Each year gets more and more fun so I can't see what else Logan is going to do!




A middle of the week lull led to me taking pictures of Jacob with Sebastian. Jacob has been rather obsessed with the cat and on this night the cat got close to him (no we didn't put the cat there). Well Jacob had a blast, first he got Sebastian's tail, then Sebastian settled down really close and Jacob went for clumps of fur. Well it must not have bothered Sebastian because he sat right there, only when Jacob started squealing loudly with delight did he run off!



On Thursday, it was the last day of pre-school before Christmas for Logan and it was his Christmas program and party. It was a cute little program and Logan had a speaking part which took him a few times to finally get right, but he kept starting over. He was going to do it his way and do it right. After the program, we went to his party and watched him eat. Gran and I had a good time at the program and party.

No comments:
Post a Comment