Friday, December 23, 2005

October 30 - November 5, 2005

A few of Jacob sitting up playing:


Logan changed to a booster seat this week - he's finally 40 pounds. However it is really a change for someone that often falls asleep after Sunday's at Gran and Papa's. See a car seat supported him when he slept, now he just sprawls out. Poor baby.

Halloween! What fun this year. I have often said that Jacob doesn't get the short end of the stick being the second child, because he gets to do all his firsts earlier. I know we didn't take Logan trick-or-treating when he was 10 months old, but here we are taking Jacob at 6 months old! Gran and Papa bought the boys costumes back in September when we were in Kernersville staying for Brad and Brandy's wedding. Logan chose his, he wanted to be a teenage mutant ninja turtle. I wanted Jacob to be a Pea in a Pod, but that costume was only for 0-3 months so Gran and Papa chose this adorable monster costume. We had fun getting them ready and fun taking them trick-or-treating. Logan was thrilled with all the candy he received and he was better at saying trick-or-treat this year. He would also tell some of the people giving out candy that his brother couldn't eat it yet. Everyone thought he was cute. Mitch, Gran and I had to take turns carrying Jacob since he can be a heavy little thing and we went all throughout Gran and Papa's neighborhood. Then before going through the candy and eating supper, we headed over to Granddaddy's so he could see the boys. Logan and Jacob were his only trick-or-treaters.



Jacob had his 6-month check-up on November 1st - I took these cute pictures while we were there. He got his shots and also his flu shot. He now weighs 17 pounds and 13 3/4 oz (50% in weight) and is 28" tall (90% in height). He has gained 1 pound and 9 3/4 ounces and 2 1/4" in 2 months! The doctor was pleased with his progress and no one made a comment about him not rolling over yet. I just explained that he didn't like to be on his belly. I also quickly told them that he can sit up on his own!
Here are some pictures of Jacob wearing a hat. The significance is that this hat was a newborn hat that was way too big when he was born. Logan had such a large head that Jacob's little head has been strange!

Finally for this week, here are the boys at Granddaddy's on Thursday night when Ms. Katie kept Logan, Jacob and Hunter so Mitch, me, Stacey and Brady could go to the Ducks Unlimited Banquet. I won't go back again (that's a whole 'nother story) but we had a good time that night. Suffice it to say that the DU banquet is not a family event like the NRA banquet is (can you say Hooter's girls). Food was great and it was good to be out with Mitch, but I'll leave that banquet to him next year.

No comments: